Monty Bojangles Scrumple Nutty Cookies
Created by Mark Sargeant
Truffle experts Monty Bojangles have partnered with Michelin Starred Chef Mark Sargeant to create a range of delicious puddings, snacks and naughty treats.
Marks Top Tip: “For a quirkier look, roll the mixture into small bowls and press down with your finger tips!”
Difficulty (1-5): 1
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10-12 mins
- 200g Monty Bojangles Scrumple Nutty Truffles
- 125g softened butter
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. In a food processor cream butter and sugars, then combine the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and salt, then add the chocolate pieces and nuts. Pulse the machine so it is all incorporated but with nice chunks of nuts and chocolate.
- Roll into a long, thick sausage shape in cling film then chill in the fridge for an hour.
- When needed slice into disks and place on ungreased baking paper or a non-stick tray. Bake until the cookies are just setting and golden round the edges.
- Take out of the oven and leave to harden for a minute before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Make extra mixture and keep the logs of dough in the fridge, then bake when needed.