Monty Bojangles Ruby Fruit Sunday Semi-Freddo
Truffle experts Monty Bojangles have partnered with Michelin Starred Chef Mark Sargeant to create a range of delicious puddings, snacks and naughty treats.
Difficulty (1-5): 1
Prep Time: 25 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 250g Monty Bojangles Ruby Fruit Sunday Truffles
- Olive oil for the tin
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 450ml double cream
What To Do:
- Lightly oil and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin with cling film.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a heatproof bowl, then place over a pan of simmering water and whisk until pale, thick and almost doubled in volume.
- Remove from the heat and place the bowl into cold water, continuing to whisk until the mixture is cool. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in another bowl over the pan of hot water then stir and fold into the egg mixture.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold into the chocolate egg mixture. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth the surface with a palette knife, then cover and freeze until firm.
- To serve, turn out and remove the cling film, then using a sharp knife, cut thick slices onto serving plates.
Created by Mark Sargeant
Marks Top Tip: “When cutting, dip the knife into a jug of boiling hot water. This will ensure a nice clean cut in the frozen dessert! I love to serve this with a side of fresh raspberries and crushed up truffles…delicious.”