Monty Bojangles Flutter Scotch Chocolate Meringues – A Mark Sargeant recipe
Truffle experts Monty Bojangles have partnered with Michelin Starred Chef Mark Sargeant to create a range of delicious puddings, snacks and naughty treats.
Difficulty (1-5): 3
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins to 1 hour
- 100g Monty Bojangles Flutterscotch Truffles
- 3 egg whites
- 150g icing sugar
- Serving suggestions A handful of raspberries Double cream
- Preheat the oven to 140C/275F/Gas 1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the truffles in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- In a clean, dry bowl whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the melted chocolate into the meringue, but making sure not to mix it completely so that you have a good marbled effect.
- Spoon large serving spoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays and quickly put in the oven before the mixture loses volume.
- Leave for about 50mins to 1 hour or until the shell is nice and crisp and the centres retain soft and gooey.
- To finish, sprinkle with raspberries and a splash of cream.
Marks Top Tip: “It is really important you whisk your eggs to the right peak. A simple trick to see if they are whipped enough is to tip the bowl upside down. If the mixture stays then you are at the right level! They should also be pearly white with a nice shine.”